Friday, November 23, 2007

More random stuff I had around

Fire-acrylic on canvas board (i did this one just using my fingers-that was fun!)
Wind-acrylic on canvas board
Earth-acrylic, paperclay, leaves, fungi on canvas board
Water-acrylic on canvas board
The Four Elements-final project for Foundations I

The Last Tree-Acrylic and charcoal on paper

Winter-acrylic on canvas
Untitled-acrylic and spray paint on canvas (this one is still in the works)
Insomnia-Acrylic on canvas
I've had sleep problems since I was a kid, and this is a representation of one of those nights where you lay there and think "okay, if I fall asleep now I can still get 4 hours...3 hours...oh, no it's time to get up". We've all been there at least once, I think.
Untitled-acrylic and spray paint on canvas
I don't know where this one is going, but I'm pretty sure it's not done yet. This is just what's come out so far...
Fairy-acrylic on canvas
This is a painting that I did my senior year of high school. The tattoo on my back is based on this image. This is one of 3 or 4 pieces out of the work I did in high school that I actually kept. I did a lot of shit work during those years. But I still do shit work now. It's all part of the learning process, right?
God Bless America!-lithograph
A bit of satire here, addressing a few issues about the current state of our country. The people most fervently preaching about Christian morals are the same ones who advocate war, money conquers all, corporate homogenization is taking over the world, pacifists are considered terrorists, the masses are obsessed with petty things that don't matter, getting distracted much to the delight of corrupt leaders so that they can continue violating human rights and filling up their pockets without being questioned....yeah, I think that pretty much sums this up.
Untitled-acrylic and spray paint on canvas board
Once again, I don't know if this one is finished or if I want to come back and add to it. I can always figure that out later. I started with the background and thought it looked space-like, so I added the planet in the corner. I kind of like it the way it is, but it still feels like there's something missing.

1 comment:

lachness said...

I remember some of these paintings from our first year in foundations!!