Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sexy ;)

"Fierce Embrace"

Continuing my exploration of intimate expression...I wanted to do something figurative this time so I sketched this out off the top of my head. Another long line etch with aquatint, which I may lighten up a bit, I haven't decided yet. In this image I wanted to convey the continuum from gentle to intense in an intimate relationship-how you can be sweet and loving with someone, and in the same moment want to just go absolutely insane with them, letting primal instinct come through. I tried to show that (gentle/intense) through the hands-she's barely touching his neck, and digging her nails into his arm; and he's lightly caressing her back and holding her up on his lap. I'm having fun with this print, and the subject matter ;)


-line etch, aquatint


-ghost print of the one above (clear due to all the ink those 22-hour lines hold!)

printed in black and white, then color added via monoprint on plexiglass. More color schemes to mess around with, but this is good for the first one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love these!